Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die 2 x CDs + 2 x 5.1 / hi-res DVD-A
A note from Ian Anderson: "Well, here we are with a slight return to the heady years of 1976 and the notion that you’re never too old to rock and roll.
Remixed by Steven Wilson and unleashing upon an unprepared fan base the additional tracks, TV show recordings as well as other goodies, this collection brings back memories for me at any rate.
Unfortunately, some memories have not returned to their rightful owner as I have little recollection of even recording the additional archive tracks. But there they are in glorious analogue multi-track form so it must have really happened. Enjoy and suck in the heady air of the seventies and promise not to laugh at the silly cozies and the hair-sprayed mane."
What’s in the box…
Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die! – The TV Special Edition Deluxe features a previously unreleased re-recorded version of the album for a 1976 UK TV special.
It additionally contains original LP tracks and rare associated recordings, plus 2015 5.1 and stereo mixes by Steven Wilson.
* flat transfers of the original album as well as a host of rare associated recordings including previously unreleased material.
* the previously commercially unavailable original TV footage with DTS, Dolby Digital Surround Sound and Dolby Digital Stereo sound.
* the TV audio in 96/24 stereo PCM, alongside a host of other associated recordings in surround and 96/24.
* an extensive 80 page booklet including an essay by Martin Webb on the preparation and recording of the album in Brussels and Monte Carlo, the aborted stage musical, the London Weekend TV special and the 1976 tours. The booklet also contains a track by track annotation by Ian Anderson, lyrics, a feature on Ian Anderson and his motorbikes, Dave Gibbons on drawing the LP’s cartoon inner spread and ‘From Carmen to Tullman’ – The Musical Life of John Glascock, unseen photos and lots more.
CD1 (Re-recorded album for TV Special):
2. Quiz Kid*
3. Crazed Institution*
5. Taxi Grab*
6. From A Dead Beat To An Old Greaser*
7. Bad Eyed And Loveless*
8. Big Dipper*
9. Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die!*
10. Pied Piper*
11. The Chequered Flag (Dead Or Alive)*
Five Original LP Tracks:
12. From A Dead Beat To An Old Greaser
13. Bad Eyed And Loveless
14. Big Dipper
15. Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die!
16. The Chequered Flag (Dead Or Alive)
Monte Carlo Out-take:
17. Quiz Kid (Version 1)*
CD2 (Associated Recordings):
1. Salamander’s Rag Time *
2. Commercial Traveller *
3. Salamander (Instrumental) *
4. A Small Cigar (Acoustic Version)
5. Strip Cartoon
6. One Brown Mouse (Early Version) *
7. A Small Cigar (Orchestrated Version) *
8. Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die! (Demo) *
Original Album Flat Transfer:
10. Quiz Kid
11. Crazed Institution
13. Taxi Grab
14. From A Dead Beat To An Old Greaser
15. Bad Eyed And Loveless
16. Big Dipper
17. Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die!
18. Pied Piper
19. The Chequered Flag (Dead Or Alive)
DVD 1 (Audio & Video):
Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die!
TV film with DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and Dolby Digital Stereo
TV audio in 96/24 stereo PCM
Five Original LP Tracks with DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and 96/24 stereo PCM.
DVD 2 (Audio):
Associated recordings – with DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and 96/24 stereo PCM:
Salamander’s Rag Time, Commercial Traveller, A Small Cigar (Acoustic Version), Strip Cartoon.
Associated recordings – in 96/24 stereo PCM:
Quiz Kid (version 1), One Brown Mouse (early version) Original Master Mix, Salamander (Instrumental), Strip Cartoon Original Master Mix, A Small Cigar (orchestrated version) Original Rough Mix, Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die! Demo.
Also included on DVD2:
A flat transfer of the original 1976 Quad LP Production Master with DTS 4.0 and Dolby Digital AC3 4.0 surround sound.
A flat transfer of the original 1976 LP master at 96/24 stereo PCM.
- Format TypeNTSC
- Region CodingAll Region