XTC - Skylarking CD + 5.1 / hi-res Blu-Ray (expanded / remixed / remastered)
23-Ape BD 108
Deluxe, Andy Partridge and Steven Wilson supervised expanded, hi-res version of the group’s 8th album.
This is one of their highest points for me, in a career filled with highlights. One of the smartest, best and most distinctive pop bands of their time. Highly recommended.
“Skylarking is the fourth and perhaps most anticipated release in a series of expanded XTC album reissues, including 5.1 Surround mixes, new stereo mixes and High-Resolution stereo mixes by Steven Wilson, along with a wealth of extra audio and visual material.
Sequenced and produced by the legendary Todd Rundgren, 1986's Skylarking is perhaps the most acclaimed of all XTC's releases.
An album unlike anything else in the band's back catalogue, dense orchestrations and a more organic soundscape were deployed in servicing some of the band's most melodically rich and sophisticated songs.
Steven Wilson produced the mixes with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.
This cd/blu-ray edition is presented in special packaging with an expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding and Dave Gregory.
* CD features the 2016 Steven Wilson stereo album mix plus four bonus tracks mixed by Steven Wilson.
* Blu-ray features:
- A 5.1 Surround mix in 24bit/96khz mixed from the original multi-track tapes available in LPCM and DTS HD MA.
- The 2016 stereo album mix in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio.
- Four additional songs from the album sessions in stereo and 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson.
- The original (uncorrected polarity) stereo album mix in hi-res stereo, plus 1 non-album track.
- The original (corrected polarity) stereo album mix in hi-res stereo.
- Instrumental versions (mixed by Steven Wilson) of all 2016 mixes in 24bit/96khz LPCM audio.
- A complete alternate album in demo form (as per Todd Rundgren's original suggested running order based on the demo recordings).
- Numerous additional demo and work tape sessions showing the evolution of the album and associated recordings.
- Promo films for Dear God and Grass.
- LabelApe House