Yes - Relayer CD + DVD-A (remixed / expanded / remastered)
Note - this isn't just a 'remaster'. Steven Wilson has gone back to the original multi-tracks and remixed them.
IF EVER there was a Yes album that cried out for remixing, it's this one, which is rightfully acknowledged as one of their best efforts and also acknowledged as one of their album that would most benefit from a new look at it.
If you want it just as you have always heard it, you won't like this, but if you want to hear parts that were very low level to the point of inaudibility before and now can actually be heard (much in the same way Steve Wilson re-did King Crimson "Lizard" and "Close To The Edge" or our remix of the 1st Univers Zero), then I highly recommend this one! Plus there's two bonus tracks (which are actually sort of nothing), and a completely 'alternative' version of the album, drawn from demos and studio run-throughs (which are fascinating!).
"Relayer is the third in a series of remixed and expanded Yes albums.
Presented as a double digipak format in a slipcase with a booklet featuring new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, along with rare photos and archive material, the album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson and is fully approved by Yes.
The DVD-A features:
- a 5.1 DTS Mix and High Resolution Stereo mixes.
- DVD-A players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Lossless audio mix (24bit 96khz).
- the new album mix in high resolution stereo
- the original album mix in a hi-res flat transfer from the original stereo master tape source.
- numerous audio extras appear in high-resolution stereo including demos and studio run-throughs of album tracks making for an alternative version of Relayer.
- original artwork expanded, restored and approved by Roger Dean.
“…we had so much happening musically and sonically, we needed surround sound to realise the concept.” – Jon Anderson (interviewed for the sleeve-notes to this release)"
- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass and vocals
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards
- Alan White / drums
- Steve Howe / guitars and vocals